• slaughterhouses; as well as small butchers carrying out their own slaughtering or direct marketers
• butchers who do not slaughter / direct marketers
Such establishments are subject to authorisation if they process food of animal origin and deliver them to other establishments (or branches). With the exception of establishments carrying out only one third of their products of animal origin to retail enterprises* that are located not further than 100km away.
• establishments for meat, fish and poultry
• canteen kitches, if they process food of animal origin and deliver them to other establishments.
• repacking establishments
• establishments in the milk sector
Are obligated to mark their products with the EC identification and health marks.The health authorities provide these marks to establishments and their production area.The EC approval requires from the establishments a complete documentation which complies with the EU guidelines.